I've tracked some good threads and found wonderful info in this website both for my laptops - I bought twice following the reviews read here - and my tablet.
now is time for a desktop request because I badly need one
the real point is the fact I am very undecided about what to choose as OS - will it be a MAC as I had for 5 years - or shall I try Windows 8 - as I am quite interested in the photo-retouch possibilities of a touch-screen- ?
please find below the answered questions alongside my sincere thoughts about my next best friend!
1) What is your budget?
not a problem. of course spending something less would be better, but I am not very much restricted here. nothing too low budged surely though.
2) What size desktop would you prefer?
d. All-In-One (Think iMac) - the one and only I want
3) Country: ITALY
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
5) What tasks will you be performing with the desktop?
internet, photo/video editing/playing music (no gaming)
6) Will you be playing games on it; if so, which games?
not much (if not at all)
7) Do you mind buying online without seeing the desktop in person?
I would prefer in person only
8) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
this is my problem actually
I am very undecided after 5 years with MAC Os if I should try windows 8 or not. I've heard is very good but I also read very negative comments about it!
Build Quality and Design
9) Are the desktop's looks and stylishness important to you?
yes. I would like something stylish
10) When are you buying this desktop and how long do you want this desktop to last?
3 years would be the best
11) How much hard drive space do you want; 40GB to 2TB?
at least 500 GB
12) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, a DVD Burner, a Blu-Ray-R drive or a Blu-Ray burner?
a Blu-Ray-R drive should be enough
13) Have you entertained the idea of building your own?
can I hope for something nice?
thanks in advance for your help!