Is it possible to hook my TV to my all-in-one

+ Reply to Thread

Default Is it possible to hook my TV to my all-in-one

I have a HP All In One Computer. I want to hook it up to my TV to my computer in order to watch downloaded shows and movies b/c the screen is bigger. Is this possible since the computer only has USB ports, no VGA, HDMI, S-Video, etc?

seven stories underground

You'll need a video out...photos of the connectors or a link to the specific model would help.
    Corsair Obsidian D ~Silverstone ST-1000-P~ i7 950 @ 4.2 GHZ/1.26V (EOC)~GA X58A-UD3R~ 2X EVGA GTX660 Ti's in SLI~12 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3~128 GB Samsung 830 SSD/ 1TB WD 7200 RPM 64MB cache~ Samsung Blue ray / DVDRW ~ GTX 460 768 MB for physX ~ Asus 1080P 120HZ LCD/NV 3D vision ~ Acer AL2216W 22" secondary display~ XFI TI

Help US help YOU, please give clear details of you rig/wants/needs in your questions

"There really aint no Devil, it's just God when he's drunk"

HP Pavilion All-in-One MS214 Desktop PC

seven stories underground

looks like your outta luck. You'd have to do some major modifications and I wouldnt reccomend that.
    Corsair Obsidian D ~Silverstone ST-1000-P~ i7 950 @ 4.2 GHZ/1.26V (EOC)~GA X58A-UD3R~ 2X EVGA GTX660 Ti's in SLI~12 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3~128 GB Samsung 830 SSD/ 1TB WD 7200 RPM 64MB cache~ Samsung Blue ray / DVDRW ~ GTX 460 768 MB for physX ~ Asus 1080P 120HZ LCD/NV 3D vision ~ Acer AL2216W 22" secondary display~ XFI TI

Help US help YOU, please give clear details of you rig/wants/needs in your questions

"There really aint no Devil, it's just God when he's drunk"

DTR SETI Moderator

Yeah, the minimalistic design of All-in-ones can be a problem...

You could try a usb to hdmi/vga converter but IDK how well they work, any complications(lag/errors etc ).

You could also try something like a Home Media Players(WD TV/ New boxee/Seagate FreeAgent Theater, etc)and either stream stuff via Ethernet/usb, connect usb devices(flash drives/ external hdds) to it, or store your files on it(if it comes with built in storage). They can come with additional features like netflix support, youtube, audio If you go this route, make sure the player supports the files you want to play(or know a way to convert them to files it support).

Both solutions are pricey, but if you enjoy watching movies, it could be worth it.
    If you are building a desktop, make sure to read the instruction carefully. Remember todays mistake is tomorrows unstoppable killing machine
    HP dc7700s-Pentium D 945/60GB SSD/500 GB/6GB/external Nvidia 9600GSO+ Windows 7 with Server 2008 and assorted linux distros in a VM
    NBR Image Gallery-Post pics related to your desktop/notebook

or watch the sales... buy a 100disc spindle for 15$....
    "We are the 99% - We are to big to fail" for the other side of the coin info wars.com