How long did it take DELL to build and ship your order?

+ Reply to Thread

Default How long did it take DELL to build and ship your order?

I ordered a Studio XPS 3/8/09 and i'm not supposed to receive it until 4/13/08. To me that seems like a really long time.... I was just wondering how long it took to receive your custom orders.

Default Dell time to build and ship Studio XPS?

Don't know if this is usual or not myself. I ordered a Studio XPS desktop on 3/22/09 and it is scheduled to be here on 4/23/09.

yea a month just seems like a really long time....especially since it was advertised to much you'd think they'd have parts on hand.

what'd you know. I called Dell Monday gave 'em a little attitude now it was shipped yesterday and is supposed to be here the 4th.

DTR Site Editor

Good to hear. Be sure to come and post on how you like it.

They had the XPS sale event recently. I called to cancel my order a week ago and they wrote down "customer didn't want to wait." I priced out a better machine for almost the same price but the 435T model instead of the MT. The ship date was scheduled for 04/16/2009. Ordered 4/2/2009, shipped, and received on 4/9/2009!

I will have to post about the 435T after some testing, so far it looks great. I read the 45+ page thread on the dell community forums and there are lots of people waiting on their XPS 435MT and 435T orders - some from back in February. I don't know why or how mine got sent so soon, but I am happy to have a new machine.

I got my xps the 4th as quoted. I too was looking at the 435t
    but at the time i oredered it my 435mt was a much better deal...by the time of the XPS event it was too late to think about canceling. Either way i think both computers will be good. After a week i've have no problems setting up the computer but will wait a little longer to write a full review. End in end i submitted my order 3/08/09 adn received it 4/4/09.

Just a quick update - Dell forgot to ship the monitor on my order (boo). I didn't get to open the box until yesterday and the monitor wasn't shipped. Quick call to Dell and they expedited a new monitor shipment. Looks like they will hit their initial estimate of shipping after all.

Shows as ordered 4/14/2009 and shipped 4/15/2009. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow or Friday. Then I can finally see what this computer is about with the SX 2210 as the display @ 1920 x 1080. Currently it is hooked into my old CRT running at 1024x768 (boo)

There probably is a FAQ on how to review or bench new desktops on here somewhere. I will try to find it and post some information on it.

I too am happy to have a new machine finally, well most of one anyway.