Aurora R3 and windows 8

+ Reply to Thread

Default Aurora R3 and windows 8

Hi,
    any one had issue to install it?

When i did the compatibility test it didn't pass for me. something about secure boot, I check everywhere on my bios and nothing in it. i have the A06 bios,

It seem according to Dell that aurora R3 is not compatible with R3

Dell Computer Support for Windows 8 Upgrade | Dell

anyone else had no issue installing windows 8?

Thanks!
    Alienware Aurora R3 | i7-2600K 3.9 GHz | AMD HD6990 4 Gig | 2TB Raid 0 | 16 Gig DDR3 1333 Mhz | 19 All-in-1 Reader | Dual Blu-ray Writer and DVD +-RW | Wifi + Bluetooth

I've seen some issues of it installing and not booting. You need to set it to boot from Windows boot mgr. If not then just go back to Windows 7. We are currently offering it only for the latest platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienware-L_Porras View Post
    I've seen some issues of it installing and not booting. You need to set it to boot from Windows boot mgr. If not then just go back to Windows 7. We are currently offering it only for the latest platforms.
    Hi,

I am currently in Windows 7 with bios A06. In the bios I do not see Windows Boot MGR.
    How do i get that?

22.jpg

thanks!
    Alienware Aurora R3 | i7-2600K 3.9 GHz | AMD HD6990 4 Gig | 2TB Raid 0 | 16 Gig DDR3 1333 Mhz | 19 All-in-1 Reader | Dual Blu-ray Writer and DVD +-RW | Wifi + Bluetooth

I looked at the website: Aurora R3 Windows 8 upgrade. I hope this helps - Alienware Forum - Alienware Club - Dell Community

It didn't work at first. I changed it to what they suggested and it still froze. I had to hit F12 and go into boot utility twice to get it to work. Whenever I try to install something and it has to restart, it freezes. So I am left with a version of windows that doesn't preform to the greatest of its abilities because of alienware.

I am no longer supporting Alienware. My next PC will be one I build myself. It is ridiculous that they can't support and product when EVERY OTHER computer does.
    Last edited by xhero; 10-29-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Alienware Aurora-R3 | Samsung 27" SA550 | Intel Core i7-2600K | Windows 7 Professional 64bit | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 1866 | 1TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 590 | 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Combo Adapter | Blu-ray Burner