802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Combo Adapter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1 EDR USB Combo Adapter

Hi,

sorry to post thread again..

For those who bought it, does it really come with Bluetooth?

I have purchase it, but i see no where in the Control panel to enable bluetooth and nothing in device manager.

I check on the driver on dell website and I do have the lastest one :

ATHEROS_WIRELESS-1525-WLAN-M_A03-1_R284395.exe version 8.0.0.239, A03-1

Did dell steal me on it?
    Alienware Aurora R3 | i7-2600K 3.9 GHz | AMD HD6990 4 Gig | 2TB Raid 0 | 16 Gig DDR3 1333 Mhz | 19 All-in-1 Reader | Dual Blu-ray Writer and DVD +-RW | Wifi + Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by deadtorights View Post
    For those who bought it, does it really come with Bluetooth?

Did dell steal me on it?
    No it doesn't come with bluetooth. Dell is falsely advertising it and stealing your money......

Mine works perfectly fine. If you check the driver list, the WiFi and BT have seperate drivers....

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by M3TH0D1C4L View Post
    No it doesn't come with bluetooth. Dell is falsely advertising it and stealing your money......

Mine works perfectly fine. If you check the driver list, the WiFi and BT have seperate drivers....

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]
    Hi,

The Bluetooth, is it a usb ? or integrate in the wifi?

I install the driver you put on the link but it say no bluetooth found
    Alienware Aurora R3 | i7-2600K 3.9 GHz | AMD HD6990 4 Gig | 2TB Raid 0 | 16 Gig DDR3 1333 Mhz | 19 All-in-1 Reader | Dual Blu-ray Writer and DVD +-RW | Wifi + Bluetooth

The USB and Bluetooth are a combo card built in together. They connect to the AlienFX board inside the case. There are two wires that hook them up.

If you open your case, you have to take off the fan cover on the right, and you will see all the wires connecting to the AlienFX board.

If you look on top of your case through the perforated holes, near the front of the case on the right when looking at it, you will see your WiFi/BT card sitting there. It looks like this:

If you trace the wires, they will both be together:

And they connect here:

If you take off that cover, you will see them there. Just make sure they are both connected. Maybe one came loose. Also check your device manager and see if it detects the bluetooth there.

Quote Originally Posted by M3TH0D1C4L View Post
    The USB and Bluetooth are a combo card built in together. They connect to the AlienFX board inside the case. There are two wires that hook them up.

If you open your case, you have to take off the fan cover on the right, and you will see all the wires connecting to the AlienFX board.

If you look on top of your case through the perforated holes, near the front of the case on the right when looking at it, you will see your WiFi/BT card sitting there. It looks like this:

If you trace the wires, they will both be together:

But that wifi only.

I check to see something similar to yours but can't find any.

And they connect here:

If you take off that cover, you will see them there. Just make sure they are both connected. Maybe one came loose. Also check your device manager and see if it detects the bluetooth there.

Mine look like this :

I check for something similar to yours and couldn't find any
    Last edited by deadtorights; 12-18-2011 at 09:19 AM.

I would try pulling the card and re-seating it some times it needs to detect it again to see it. Then install the drivers.
    Wife's RED m17x i7 840 - 8g 1333 - ssd256 - 750HD 2 x 5870 The otherside,The Alienside
    Area 51 - I5 4670 - 16g 2133 - Maximus VI Hero - Quad sli Mars 760's Dual OCz 240 Raid 0 - SupremeFX - 1.2 Kw - http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7941545 Alienware Only BF3 Platoon Alien Preditor Clan

After numerous call back and forth, the first person want me to buy it, I say No because I already purchase it, the second one wanted me to send my computer back and finally the third one agree to send me a usb bluetooth by mail.
    My seller still on vacation so she can't do it and his backup didn't return my phone call or my email back.

Yea I am not sure about that card. It looks really small and its not supposed to be a USB/PCIE card.

But whatever works I guess.

OMG!! It was not SEND! they say they would send it but after i call back 24 hour they did not!
    I hate dell !! I talk again to at least 4 people and finally 1 supervisor since I was tired and she say she will make the request and will keep me updated this time.

Always get an email from the person at Dell you deal with, I even have them send it while I am on the phone with them. After the first time one said they would and did not. Then I do not have to explain so much just forward it while I am talking.
    Wife's RED m17x i7 840 - 8g 1333 - ssd256 - 750HD 2 x 5870 The otherside,The Alienside
    Area 51 - I5 4670 - 16g 2133 - Maximus VI Hero - Quad sli Mars 760's Dual OCz 240 Raid 0 - SupremeFX - 1.2 Kw - http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7941545 Alienware Only BF3 Platoon Alien Preditor Clan